Andhra Pradesh: AP Police recruitment board recruits AP Police constable post every year. The selection is made in a serious manner. The candidates who are willing to join the position need to know the selection procedure, to prepare well. So below is the information about the selection process of the AP Police.
AP Police Constable Selection Process
The selection process is classified into five stages. Step by step, every process is discussed below.
Phase I – Preliminary Written Exam
Phase II – Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
Phase III – Physical Efficiency Test
Phase IV – Final Written Exam
phase V – Merit List
Stage 1- Preliminary Written Exam
The written exam is the primary step for various post of AP police Constable in 2020. After crossing this stage only, a candidate can apply for the second stage.
- The mode of exam is offline. It will be conducted on an OMR Sheet.
- You have to attempt 200 objective questions for 200 marks.
- minimum marks needed to secure is 40% marks to qualify for the next stage.
- The marks in this are not going o play any role in the final list.
Stage II – AP Police Constable Physical Measurement Test
The one who qualified for the written exam will be allowed for PMT. However, the physical requirement will be different for a different post. And it also varies from male to female. Below table shows the table for male and female measurement.
|AP Police Constable (Post-wise)||Men||Women|
|Minimum Height (cms)||Minimum Chest (cms)||Minimum Height (cms)||Minimum Weight (kg)|
|Post-code 21, 22, 23 and 26||167.6||86.3||152.5||40|
|Post-codes 11, 12, 13 and 16 (ST and Aboriginal Tribes)||160||80||150||38|
|Post-Code 14 (ST and Aboriginal Tribes)||164||83||–|
Stage III – AP Police Constable Physical Efficiency Test
In this physical test will be check. After qualifying for the measurement test, only the candidate will be asked to perform their physical strength. However, the physical requirement will be different for a different post. And it also varies from male to female. Below table shows the table for male and female measurement.
|AP Police Constable Post Code||Tests||General||Ex-Servicemen||Women||Minimum qualifying marks|
|Post-code 21, 24, 25 and 26||100 meters run||15 secs||16.5 secs||18 secs||–|
|Long jump||3.80 mtrs.||3.65 mtrs.||2.75 mtrs.||–|
|1600 mtrs. run||8 minutes||9 mins 30 secs||10 mins 30 secs||–|
|Post-code 22 and 23||100 meters run||15 secs||16.5 secs||18 secs||30|
|Long jump||3.80 mtrs.||3.65 mtrs.||2.75 mtrs.||40|
|1600 mtrs. run||8 minutes||9 mins 30 secs||10 mins 30 secs||40|
Stage IV- AP Police Constable Final Written Examination
In this paragraph, the exam will of 200 marks, as each question carries one marks. The exam will be of 200 questions only. The marks of this exam will be considered in the merit list.
|AP Police Constable Final Written Exam Pattern 2020|
|For Post-code 21, 24, 25 and 26||200||200|
Stage V- Merit List
this is the final stage. about is the information is discussed below.
|Merit List for Post Codes: 21 and 26||The selection of the applicants (Men & Women) will be decided on the marks scored in the final written examination.The first 20% of posts should be filled through the combined merit list of locals and non-locals.And the remaining 80% of the posts to be filled up by locals only.|
|Merit List for Post Codes: 22||The selection of the applicants (Men & Women) will be made strictly on marks secured by them in the final written examination Physical Efficiency Test which adds the total to 200 marks. The first 20% of vacancies should be filled through the combined merit list of locals and non-locals.And the remaining 80% of the vacancies to be filled up by locals of Andhra Pradesh only.|
|Merit List for Post Codes: 23||The selection of male candidates shall be made based on marks obtained in the final written exam and PET exam, which adds the total score to 200 marks. Unlike the posts as mentioned earlier, there is no reservation for local candidates in this merit list.|
|Merit List for Post Codes: 24 & 25||The preference will be made on the marks obtained by the applicants in the Final written examination (200 marks). There is no reservation for any local candidates for this merit list.|
Hope the above information helps you to get a clear idea about the procedure of selection—all the best for your bright future.